Wednesday 9 January 2008

Snap Shots from Snap.com on UJ Librarians News blog

Happy New Year to all of you and welcome back to the 2008 Academic year. After a good rest I hope we are ready to face the information overload once again. I had the good intentions to work during the holidays, but I developed a real "holiday virus" - swimming, tanning and reading books. Let's not forget the number of parties, the Christmas shopping's and the movies that came along. In between I managed to exercise, to keep from piling the many calories from the delicious treats. Overall I have an relaxed and enjoyable holiday and I can "hopefully" face the pressure of work.

What is new on this blog?
I have installed in December a nice little tool on this site called Snap Shots that enhances links with visual previews of the destination site. Sometimes Snap Shots bring you the information you need, without your having to leave the site, while other times it lets you "look ahead," before deciding if you want to follow a link or not. The icon is easy to spot next to the titles. Just take the cursor there. Should you decide this is not for you, just click the Options icon in the upper right corner of the Snap Shot and opt-out.

Personally I like this tool. It provide a "quick look" at the web page you want to view, even without clicking on the link.

Let me know if you find it useful? Sent me a comment!

No comments: